2001

Jim Strong strongjim@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:34:00 -0800 (PST)

Or perhaps:
"Let be be finale of seem
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."
-- Wallace Stevens, poet / insurance executive
or, again:

"The tipi is much better to live in; always clean,
warm in winter, cool in summer; easy to move. The
white man builds big house, cost much money, like big
cage, shut out sun, can never move; always sick.
Indians and animals know better how to live than white
man; nobody can be in good health if he does not have
all the time fresh air, sunshine and good water. If
the Great Spirit wanted men to stay in one place he
would make the world stand still; but He made it
always to change, so birds and animals can move and
always have green grass and ripe berries, sunlight to
work and play, and night to sleep; summer for flowers
to bloom, and winter for them to sleep; always
changing; everything for good; nothing for nothing.
The white man does not obey the Great spirit; that is
why the Inidans never could agree with him."
-- Chief Flying Hawk, Sioux
"You know, if you take all your books, lay them out
under the sun, and let the snow and rain and insects
work on them for a while, there will be nothing left.
But the Great Spirit  has provided you and me for an
opportunity for study in nature's university, the
forests, the rivers, the mountains, and the animals
which include us."
Tatanga Mani, Stoney
"There is blood on the snow in the hills of Idaho,
but the heart of the Apaloosa will never die."
-John LaFarge, Blind Boy Grunt album
(in re Chief Joseph, Nez Perce)
"We have met the (Evil Ones),
and they are us."
-- Pogo, 2001
Billy Jim
--- Harry Edwards <hedwards@gstype.com> wrote:

> Ah 2001!!????  Think I like the movie better.
>
> A bit of a poem I stole from somewhere:
>
> 		Ended and done with never ceases,
> 		Constantly the heart releases
> 		Wild geese to the past.
> 				__Thomas Kinsella
>
> Happy Holidaze.
>
> Harry

=====
The peace of the cosmos is infinite motion