me firsters

Connie Clark connie_3c@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:46:36 -0800 (PST)

the Enron debacle reminds me of savings and loan
failures in the 80s; the personal losses for the
little people, and the bailout with wealthy players
walking away unaccountable with millions. Greed is not
exclusive to management unfortunately, so we have
Reagan years redux.

Wish I could send the photo in the paper today: an
ex-employee with a sign held high above her head
reading:

'Moron (with altered Enron logo, E to M) "What were
you thinking?"'

Also, some interesting email testimonials sent to the
Chronicle from Enron employees. They are posted to the
web.
here is link to the letters.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/side/1160419#top

examples:
"I was in Enron Capital and Trade, later Enron North
America in the IT department from 1998-2000 and I have
to say that the corporate culture there was truly
terrible.

"Enron was flying high in those days, and the employee
mentality was always, "How can I get a piece?" and
many employees were only concerned with their own
advancement, often times to the detriment of the
company.

"There was always a great amount of political
infighting, nearly completed projects were often
scrapped for purely political reasons. The failure of
the EBS-Blockbuster deal can be attributed primarily
to internal politics."

" jumped ship from Enron about nine months ago.
Looking back, it was one of the best decisions of my
life. I was always very impressed by almost all Enron
employees, except for upper management. To me, the
downfall of Enron can be summed up in one word: Greed!

"Upper management of Enron was filled with very young,
mostly early 30s and 40s men and women who were
promoted faster than they could move to their new
office. As their incomes grew, so did their heads and
their selfishness."