US Army Study: Mossad Might Frame Arabs

Wayne Johnson cadaobh2@brgnet.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:32:36 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C183B0.B81D5F60

Roger.  Please do not confuse me with someone who always believes what they
read in print.  Nor what comes out of the Pentagonpress releases...nor the
NYTimes...etc.   I even have cause to doubt, on occasion, gasp, Dan Rather.
(Oh, what was the "conservative Wash. paper"?  The Post?  The, ugh,
right-wing Times?)

That the Army considers the Mossad a threat is not new news nor especially
revealing of anything but the incipient paranoia that rages through our
military qua espionage bureaucracies.   And, of course, they may be quite
right in their assessment.   Now the real problem is when the military
paranoia merges or morphs with my own, then I become doubly cursed.  On the
up side, I have some bleak awareness that I am a paranoid person...and, yes,
there have been times when.....

I guess my umbrage centers in the question of what is the "message".  What
is it?  Is it just the sad business of continued military intervention in
the Palestine/Israel situation (which may, in fact, be the only means of
keeping them from exterminating one another) or something subtler, like a
gradual effort to build a wedge between Israel and the US?   And this is not
to say that I am by any means a 100% supporter of Israeli policies, quite
the contrary, especially with regards to West Bank settlements.  Further, I
am always saddened by the Likud's rants and the conservative opposition to
anything resembling a decent remedy to the Palestinian poverty.

But then, when you live ten miles from a group of people who are
indoctrinated from birth that Jews are evil, how much can you be expected to
give away?  My only notion of a solution is, outside of land, to build a
viable economy so poverty and ignorance can be eliminated.  The sooner the
better.

Does this clarify anything?

Cheers.

Wayne