exulting and venting

Jon Ford jonmfordster@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:10:42 -0800

<P>Mike-- interesting to speculate, but you are right-- we will never know. I really wonder though, going back to Terrorism 101, whether anybody with serious terrorist leanings would openly exult at 9-ll or vent against Israelis, thus needlessly drawing attention to himself/herself. On the other hand, many entirely innocent students, even professors,  Middle Eastern and non, harbor such sentiments-- so there may well be some innocent parties having their lines tapped and hassled due to this line of questioning. But of course, in good police work the adage is "leave no stone unturned"-- even if it results in no leads, thousands of police hours wasted, and many lives needlessly turned upside down for inspection. </P>
<P>Jon<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;We are NEVER going to know the percentage of
<DIV></DIV>&gt;interviewees that freely identified other resident
<DIV></DIV>&gt;aliens going to school Arab men who exulted at 9-11.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The last question of course is so the interviewee
<DIV></DIV>&gt;can vent against the Israelis. He gets to practice
<DIV></DIV>&gt;his rhetoric and the three listen and, afterwards,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;decide what to recommend.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;