Who said that?

Frances Morey frances_morey@excite.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:47:27 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Harry, here it is:

>It was the first day of school and a new student named Suzuki, the
>son of a Japanese businessman, entered the fourth grade.
                     >>  > >
The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American History."
>> "Who said Give me Liberty or give me Death?"
                     >>  > >
She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Suzuki, who had his hand
>up.
                     >>  > >
"Patrick Henry, 1775."
                     >>  > >
"Very good! Who said, Government of the People, By the People and
>for the People shall not perish from this earth?"
                     >>  > >
Again, no response except from Suzuki: "Abraham Lincoln, 1863"
                     >>  > >
The teacher chided the class, "Class, you should be ashamed.
>Suzuki, who is new to our country knows more about its history than you
do."
                     >>  > >
>From the back of the class came a loud whisper: "Fuck the Japanese"
                     >>  > >
WHO SAID THAT? the teacher demanded.
                     >>  > >
Suzuki put up his hand: "Lee Iacocca, 1982"
                     >>  > >
At that point a student sighed, "I'm gonna puke."
                     >>  > >
The teacher glared and asked, "Now who said that?"
Again, Suzuki raises his hand,"George Bush to Japanese Prime
Minister, 1991."
                     >>  > >
Now furious, another student yells, "Oh yeah? Suck this!"

Suzuki jumps out of his chair waiving his hand and shouts to the
teacher, "Bill Clinton to Monica Lewinsky, 1997"
                     >>  > >
The class is almost a riotous mob, and someone yells, "You little
shit,if you ever say anything else I will have you killed."
                     >>  > >
Suzuki is frantic and yells at the top of his voice,"Gary Condit
Chandra Levy, 2001"
                     >>  > >
The teacher fainted.

"The Skinny on Weight Loss: One Woman's
True Journey to Fat and Back" by Frances Morey
Order online <www.xlibris.com/bookstore>
or by phone at 1-888-795-4274 Extension #276

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com