police work/racial profiling

Wayne Johnson cadaobh2@brgnet.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:08:43 -0500

Uh, Frances, there are "dope smellin' dawgs" jus fer that purpose.

Besides, you would be too suspicious not to check out anyway, right?  Given
your purple hair, black net stockings and low-cut, sequined blouses.  Not to
mention the tatoos and rings!

Don't try it.  Don't even take the bus!

Your friend.

WJ

-----Original Message-----
From: austin-ghetto-list-admin@pairlist.net
[mailto:austin-ghetto-list-admin@pairlist.net]On Behalf Of Frances Morey
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 5:36 PM
To: Dusty MacMorgan; austin-ghetto-list@pairlist.net
Subject: Re: police work/racial profiling

Yeah, but can bomb sniffing dogs also sniff for pot, too?
I, for one, am glad that I haven't had occasion to fly lately.
Frances

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:02:51 -0800 (PST), Dusty MacMorgan wrote:

>  Guess I might as well jump in with both feet.  Of Course it's racial
>  profiling!  Profiling is a legitimate part of police work.  If 19
>  short, plump, white, "blonde", middle-aged American women had murdered
>  4,000 civilians, in cold blood, in the space of a few hours, would I,
>  as a s.p.w.b.m.a.w, feel outraged if I was treated with some suspicion
>  by law enforcement?  No!  I'd be outraged (and worried) if I were not!
>     As for the drug "analogy"...get busted walking down the street
>  smokin' a doobie, and yeah, your friends and family might get
>  scrutinizied. Drive an airplane into a skyscraper...  So?
>     (But thanks for the kind words when I first "applied for
>  membership," Jon. ;^}
>  ---Margot
>
>  > From: "Jon Ford" <jonmfordster@hotmail.com>
>  > To: michaele@ando.pair.com, austin-ghetto-list@pairlist.net
>  > Subject: Re: police work
>  > Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:36:30 -0800
>  >
>  > It smacks of racial profiling to me. How would us white folks respond
>  > to such a request? For instance, some of us use illegal drugs. How
>  > would you  feel about such an "interview"? Give me a break.
>  >
>  > Jon
>  >
>  > >From: Michael Eisenstadt <michaele@ando.pair.com>
>
>  > >I must say that the FBI letter to all the legal Arab
>  > >residents seems to be good police work. Hundreds are
>  > >leaving, some out of paranoia, others because they
>  > >would flunk the interview.

>  Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month.
>  http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

"The Skinny on Weight Loss: One Woman's
True Journey to Fat and Back" by Frances Morey
Order online <www.xlibris.com/bookstore>
or by phone at 1-888-795-4274 Extension #276

__
Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite
Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com