[MyAppleMenu] Feb 5, 2011

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Feb 5 18:59:01 EST 2011

**** LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 For Mac <http://www.macworld.com/article/157697/2011/02/legoharrypotter.html?lsrc=rss_main>
Stephanie Kent, Macworld

**** Game Clone Raises Questions About Mac App Store Policing <http://www.macworld.com/article/157652/2011/02/lugaru.html?lsrc=rss_main>
Joel Mathis, Macworld

The Mac App Store’s carefully crafted reputation for raising the app walls high might be undermined with Thursday’s public allegations by Wolfire Games that Apple allowed another developer to pirate Wolfire’s game, Lugaru HD—and at a far lower price point.

**** Solving An Empty Trash Problem <http://www.macworld.com/article/157689/2011/02/delete_in_use_apps.html?lsrc=rss_main>
Ted Landau, Macworld

**** Desktop Curtain 2.1 <http://www.macworld.com/article/157653/2011/02/desktop_curtain_2_review.html?lsrc=rss_main>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

If you frequently take screenshots, Desktop Curtain 2 is ideal for staging those shots. It’s also great for helping you focus on a single program, hiding the rest of your onscreen clutter, and I’ve even used it when giving a presentation where I had to perform on-screen demos—I hid everything behind the curtain except what I wanted people to see. It’s quickly become part of my Mac toolbox.

**** How To Create A Safari Extension <http://www.macworld.com/article/156941/2011/02/safariextension.html?lsrc=rss_main>
Lex Friedman, Macworld

**** One-atom-thick Sheets Could Change Computing <http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2011/02/04/single-atom-sheets-breakthrough/1>
Gareth Halfacree, Bit-Tech

Scientists claim that a new method for creating materials in sheets that are just one-atom-thick could lead to breakthroughs in data and energy storage technologies, meaning bigger storage devices and longer-lasting batteries.

**** National Treasure <http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201102/tom-carson-nicolas-cage>
Tom Carson, GQ

As Drive Angry arrives in theaters, the question must be asked: Can anything explain the lunatic career of Nicolas Cage?

**** Infested Waters <http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/books/review/Donoghue-t.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss>
Emma Donoghue, New York Times

Vividly worded, exuberant in characterization, the novel is a wild ride: Russell has style in spades.

**** Dreaming In English <http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/books/review/Erard-t.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Michael Erard, New York Times

Reading about all this multilingual dreaming, I asked myself, Why isn’t anyone dreaming in English?

**** Multiculturalism, Not PAP's Race-based Policies <http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4562-multiculturalism-not-paps-race-based-policies>
James Gomez, Singapore Democratic Party

Race based policies take up resources, time and energy and distract us from the real issues that face Singapore. What is important to note is that 50 years of PAP’s race based policies have not brought us closer. Racial considerations should be done away with in all aspects of public policy.

**** 硬道理背后的李光耀 <http://www.zaobao.com.sg/yl/yl110205_005.shtml>
游润恬, 联合早报

或许一位在政治方面更加开明,更擅于激励及启发人,对一般小市民更温馨更包容的领导人,会更加受年轻国人的爱戴与推崇。但李光耀就是李光耀,他不会为任何人改变。

**** Minimum Wage Isn’t The Best Solution <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/02/minimum-wage-isn’t-the-best-solution/>
Davin Ng, The Online Citizen