[MyAppleMenu] Jan 11, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jan 11 13:15:01 EST 2008

**** Interarchy 9 Debuts <http://www.macworld.com/article/131522/2008/01/interarchy.html>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld

**** Steve Jobs' Video Dreams <http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_03/b4067029127747.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_technology>
by Peter Burrows and Ronald Grover, BusinessWeek
His magic has not extended to visual entertainment. Hollywood and cable companies aim to keep it that way.

**** Researcher Spots Year's First QuickTime Bug <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9056878&source=rss_topic123>
by Gregg Keizer, Computerworld

**** NetNewsWire Vs. Vienna <http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/10/netnewswire-vs-vienna/>
by Cory Bohon, The Unofficial Apple Weblog

**** Proposed iPod Levy Killed In Court <http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpposted/archive/2008/01/10/proposed-ipod-levy-killed-in-court.aspx>
by David George-Cosh, National Post

**** iClipboard 1.1 Brings In Space Support <http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/01/10/iclipboard.11.released/>
by MacNN

**** Gone Indie <http://mooseyard.com/Jens/2008/01/gone-indie/>
by Jens Alfke, Thought Palace
Here's a career update, for those of you who care: I've left Apple, and I'm now working on my own, from home, as an indie software developer.
This is kind of a big change for me. I've been continuously employed for 19 years, 16 of those at Apple.

**** Bomberman For iPod <http://www.macworld.com/article/131505/2008/01/bomberman.html>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld
It's a terrific conversion of the classic arcade game to the iPod, and definitely worth looking at if you want some console-style fun.

**** Sorting Out iTunes Sorting <http://www.macworld.com/article/131514/2008/01/sortingitunes.html>
by Christopher Breen, Macworld

**** Parallels Server Brings Virtualization To Leopard Server <http://db.tidbits.com/article/9392>
by Joe Kissell, TidBITS

**** Airfoil 3 Foils Synchronization Issues And More <http://www.macuser.com/updates/airfoil_3_foils_synchronizatio.php?lsrc=murss>
by Dan Moren, MacUser
Version 3 adds a bundle of new features that have long been demanded: a biggie, you can now playback remote audio not only to an AirPort Express, but also to a second computer.

**** iPhone Is The Next Sex Toy, Porn Industry Says <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2247672,00.asp>
by Sascha Segan, PC Magazine

**** The iPod's Still A Player At CES <http://www.macworld.com/article/131512/2008/01/ipodces.html>
by Dan Frakes, Macworld
Just like last year, the prevasiveness of iPod accessories and iPod-compatible gadgets at the massive Consumer Electronics Show makes clear the influenece of Apple's iconic media player.

**** Creating A Web Of Worlds <http://www.technologyreview.com/Infotech/20048/>
by Erica Naone, MIT Technology Review
Metaplace builds a different architecture for virtual worlds.

**** Paying $100, $10 Or $1 For The Same Bloody Paracetamol <http://www.thevoiddeck.org/index.php?itemid=358>
by The Void Deck
Pre-election "cheap" healthcare promises are just talk.

**** Keep Your Block Littler-Free, Win A Loaf Of Bread &amp; 10 Eggs <http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_195095.html>
by Straits Times
In a bid to encouage residents to take ownership of their immediate environment, the South West Community Development Council (CDC) has come up with a 'Litter-free Block' programme.

**** In Or Out? <http://blacktag.blogspot.com/2008/01/in-or-out.html>
by When Docs Turn Gods
The outpatient setting is probably where the true impact of means testing will be felt immediately.

**** HDB's Mistake But She's Made To Pay - 4 Years Later <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/01/11/hdbs-mistake-but-shes-made-to-pay-4-years-later/>
by Leong Sze Hian, theonlinecitizen
Since it was the HDB's mistake, the HDB should try to give her back the hawker stall which she had been renting for more than 10 years.

**** Our Own Obama? Not So Soon <http://aaron-ng.info/blog/our-own-obama-not-so-soon.html>
by Aaron Ng, Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
The prime minister is picked from the party that wins the most number of seats in the legislature... Public opinion does not matter.

**** The New Paper Disappoints With Logical Flaws In Its Autocratic Arguments <http://antineodem.wordpress.com/2008/01/11/the-new-paper-disappoints-with-logical-flaw-in-its-autocratic-arguments/>
by The Anti Neo-Democracy Theorist
I became concerned the repoter's views towards the end of the article which suddenly twists to a debate on one man one vote system in a political election.

**** Singapore In Foreign Airport Push <http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23034487-23349,00.html>
by Florence Chong, The Australian
Singapore plans to steup up investment in foreign airports. The city-state's Civil Aviation Authority is following in the footsteps of other Singapore government-owned agencies with the move.

**** World's Biggest Plane In Singapore Ground Mishap <http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSL1015251320080110>
by Reuters
Passengers on the world's biggest plane had to switch aircraft in Singapore after the first commercial superjumbo accidentally touched the grass on the side of the tarmac as it left the departure terminal.

**** Sugarcoated Bullshit <http://www.insanepoly.com/blog/?p=450>
by Insane Polygons
Simply put, this means testing will not affect the rich at all. Most of them are already staying at private hospitals anyway or the A or B class wards. Who it will affect are basically the middle class, which is mostly you and me. What this means testing will accomplish in the end is to make the middle class pay more for hospitalisation.

**** Hype Up An Apartment <http://singaporelifetimes.blogspot.com/2008/01/hype-up-apartment.html>
by Singapore Life And Times

**** What's The Best Voting System? <http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,153073,00.html?>
by Low Ching Ling, New Paper

**** Massive Jam At TPE <http://tingwo.blogspot.com/2008/01/massive-jam-at-tpe.html>
by Ting Wo
There are too many rich people in Singapore who are willing to pay the few dollars ERP charge.

**** Mediacorp Channel 5 Screwed Up!! <http://shellylives.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/mediacorp-channel-5-screwed-up/>
by Shelly Sim, Shelled &amp; Deshelled

**** ID Blues: One Parent's Struggle <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/231594.asp>
by Chow Yeow Whye, Today
Isn't Certificate of Singapore Citizenship proof of my child's nationality?

**** Is Singapore Ready To Embrace Its Own Obama? <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_194931.html>
by Li Xueying, Straits Times

**** HDB Gave Woman $18,000 In Error... <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/231596.asp>
by Neo Chai Chin, Today
Former hawker Mdm Lee Ah Muey, 75, wishes she could turn back time and perhaps reverse a decision that has led to an $18,000 headache.

**** Key Points Omitted In Article On Inflation <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_194969.html>
by Lee Kok Fatt, Ministry of Finance, Straits Times