[MyAppleMenu] Dec 14, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 14 13:15:00 EST 2008

**** There's Gold In Them iPhones <http://www.newsweek.com/id/174266>
by Daniel Lyons, Newsweek
Some kid in his bedroom can make a million bucks just by writing a little application for the Apple phone.

**** "Don't Save Face, Go To C-Class Wards," Says Tan Kin Lian <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/12/dont-save-face-go-to-c-class-wards-says-tan-kin-lian/>
by Terence Lee, The Online Citizen
Helathcare in Singapore is affordable as long as one is willing to accept the B2 and C-class wards without fear of losing face, said Mr Tan Kin Lian at a forum on economic rights.

**** Decision On Allowing Cycling On Tampines Footpaths Expected After Jan 31 <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/396242/1/.html>
by Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia

**** School Killed Confidence And Creativity? <http://mathialee.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/school-killed-confidence-and-creativity/>
by Mathia Lee
Our education system that breeds a culture where there is a right answer to everything, and that right answer is determined by qualified authorities opens up a huge potential for abuse, where qualified authorities recommend policies out of their own self-interest, and no one questions them because of the strength of their qualifications.

**** Reply From Singapore Authorities On Their Israeli Delegation Trip <http://aussgworldpolitics.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/reply-from-singapore-authorities-on-their-israeli-delegation-trip/>
by Readings From A Political Duo-ble

**** Turning The Tables In Asia <http://www.newsweek.com/id/174530>
by Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop, Newsweek

>From SHanghai to Singapore, gourmets have been partaking of the finest European cuisines, while wealthy businessmen entertaining clients have spent thousands of dollars on the best wines in the world.

**** Singapore's Star Rises As Switzerland Stumbles <http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE4BD01520081214>
by Neil Chatterjee and John O'Donnell, Reuters
As pressure mounts on Switzerland's flagship bank UBS and the country's secrecy code comes under fire from the United States and Germany, Singapore's star as a haven for the super-rich is rising fast.
With close ties to powerful Asia, Singapore is in a stronger position to resist pressure from the U.S. than rival Switzerland or Alpine retreat Liechtenstein, which recently partially surrendered bank secrecy.