[MyAppleMenu] Dec 3, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Dec 3 13:15:02 EST 2008

**** The Twenty-Fourth Annual Editor's Choice Awards <http://www.macworld.com/article/137245/2008/12/eddyawards_main.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Macworld

**** Living With Apple's MacBook Air: CPU Undervoltages And Fan OverRPMs <http://www.edn.com/blog/400000040/post/1890037389.html>
by Brian Dipert, EDN

**** Apple's iPod Problem <http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2008/tc2008122_679456.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index+-+temp_news+%2B+analysis>
by Arik Hesseldahl, BusinessWeek
With fewer iPod users upgrading, the days of explosive growth are over. And that leaves iPhone and Macs picking up the slack.
/When Apple make playing music on the iPod touch as easy and as cheap as the 'regular' iPods, people will upgrade. :-)/

**** MacBook Air, Second Inning: HomeRun! <http://iblog.there4i.am/?p=4>
by Sebastien Arnaud, I Blog Therefore, I Am
It is a very solid ultra portable system, that can act without shame as a desktop replacement for most of us when plugged t an external screen/keyboard/mouse.

**** Windows Vs. Mac: Is The Price Debate Still Relevant? <http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/columns/article.php/3788246/Windows+vs.+Mac:+Is+the+Price+Debate+Still+Relevant?.htm>
by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes, Datamation

**** Apple: Our Ads Don't Lie, But You're A Fool If You Believe Them <http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/12/apple-says-cust.html>
by Brian X. Chen, Wired
Apple doesn't want you to believe what it says, even though the company claims it's not lying. That's the gist of the Cupertino company's legal response to a lawsuit regarding allegedly misleading advertising for the iPhone 3G.

**** Apple Didn't Issue A /New/ Antivirus Advisory <http://blogs.eweek.com/applewatch/content/security/apple_didnt_issue_a_new_antivirus_advisory.html>
by Joe Wilcox, eWeek

**** Apple's Antivirus Advice 'Big To-Do About Nothing,' Says Researcher <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9122120&source=rss_topic123>
by Gregg Keizer, Computerworld

**** Apple Removes Antivirus Support Page <http://www.macworld.com/article/137267/2008/12/antivirusremoved.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Jim Dalrymple, Macworld
"We have removed the KnowledgeBase article because it was old and inaccurate," Apple spokesman Bill Evans told Macworld. "The Mac is designed with built-in technologies that provide protection against malicious software and secrutiy threats right out of the box."

**** Apple Now Allows Devs To Offer Promo Copies Of iPhone Apps <http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2008/12/02/apple-now-allows-devs-to-offer-promo-copies-of-iphone-apps>
by Chris Foresman, Ars Technica
Apple has added the ability for developers to generate promotional codes that can be redeemed directly through the App Store.

**** Adobe Will Not Exhibit At Macworld Expo 2009 <http://www.macworld.com/article/137244/2008/12/adobeexpo.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Jim Dalrymple, Macworld
Adobe, a major player in the Mac software market, will not be among the developers exhibiting on the show floor at next month's Macworld Conference &amp; Expo.

**** PerfectTablePlan Helps You Avoid Event Seating Disasters <http://www.macworld.com/article/137238/2008/12/perfecttableplan.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Dan Moren, Macworld

**** Save Time With OS X Services <http://www.macworld.com/article/137001/2008/12/osxservices.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Ted Landau, Macworld
Service sprovide systemwide commands that allow you to quickly accomplish a variety of tasks, such as sending Mail messages lickety-split or making a new Stickies note from a selection. If you're not already using the Services menu, you'll soon discover how it can boost your productivity.

**** Google Gears Down For Tougher Times <http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122826503489174369.html>
by Jessica E. Vascellaro and Scott Morrison, Wall Street Journal

**** Getting OpenID Into The Browser <http://radar.oreilly.com/2008/12/getting-openid-into-the-browse.html>
by David Recordon, O'Reilly Radar

**** Mother Justice <http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2009/01/brooklyn_sting200901>
by Christopher Ketcham, Vanity Fair
When her son was sentenced to 25 years for Brooklyn's 2003 "grid kid" slaying, Doreen Quinn Giuliano was sure he'd been wrongfully convicted. To prove it, she went undercover, testing her sanity, her marriage, and the justice system. It was a desperate move&mdash;and it may have worked.

**** What Tina Wants <http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2009/01/tina_fey200901>
by Maureen Dowd, Vanity Fair
Tina Fey has rules. They've guided the 38-year-old writer-comedian through marriage, motherhood, and a career that went into hyperdrive this fall, when her Sarah Palin impression convulsed the nation, boosting the ratings of both /Saturday Night Live/ and her own NBC show, /30 Rock/.

**** Haydn Leaves London <http://www.slate.com/id/2200533/?from=rss>
by Rita Dove, Slate

**** MND Announces Another 10 Temporary Dorm Sites For Foreign Workers <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/393886/1/.html>
by Channel NewsAsia

**** Terrible Straits Times Article, Letter Rejected <http://maltzajava.net/2008/12/terrible-straits-times-article-letter-rejected/>
by City-State Life
The fact that this article decided to focus on her drinking does a couple of things I disagree with. First, it suggests that she is partly responsible, which is not OK.

**** Lee Kuan Yew Drops A Bombshell At CGI <http://xlrogerhamilton.blogspot.com/2008/12/lee-kuan-yew-drops-bombshell-at-cgi.html>
by Roger Hamilton XL Blog
Lee Kuan Yew's answer was on the lines of "renewable power will be insignificant to the world's needs - even if iit's successful it will reach 5% of our needs at the most." So, is LKY right? Is nuclear power the only viable alternative?

**** Aren't AIDS Sufferers Singaporeans Too? <http://singaporecitizen.wordpress.com/2008/12/02/arent-aids-sufferers-singaporeans-too/>
by Everyday's Life In A Snapshot

**** Singapore Jobs: Nearly 80 Complaints Every Month <http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=61390>
by Daily Express
An average of 78 complaints from Sabahans working in Singapore are forwarded to the Labour Department here every month by the Malaysian Labour Attache in Singapore.

**** Don't Look The Other Way <http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,185527,00.html?>
by S. Murall, New Paper
The zoo now knows that some of its staff are aware of abuses. Should it continue to look the other way, claiming that contract workers are the responsibility of the company that hires them? Surely not.

**** Temasek Sells PowerSeraya To YTL Power For S$3.8B <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/393730/1/.html>
by Rachel Kelly, Channel NewsAsia

**** Say Yes To AIDS Treatment Subsidies! <http://mathialee.wordpress.com/2008/12/02/say-yes-to-aids-treatment-subsidies/>
by Mathia Lee

**** Is Tan Kin Lian Going Burn His Bridges With The PAP Soon? <http://wayangparty.com/2008/12/03/is-tan-kin-lian-going-burn-his-bridges-with-the-pap-soon/>
by Fang Zhi Yuan, The Wayang Party Club Of Singapore

**** AIMS's Final Submission To MICA - My View Of Its Recommendations Regarding Online Political Content <http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=1444>
by Ng E-Jay, Sgpolitics.net
The AIMS recommendations, due to their lack of willingness to move ahead decisively on what is right and their insistenc eof retaining unjust legislation, would not prevent another episode of Martyn See from occurring.

**** DBS Replies. <http://magnezium.blogspot.com/2008/12/dbs-replies.html>
by Musings
"It was never the intention of the Bank to discriminate against any group through this initiative. Nevertheless given feedback received, to demonstrate that DBS believes in diversity and inclusion, with immediate effect we will be removing the Christmas charity campaign."