[MyAppleMenu] Oct 11, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Oct 11 13:15:00 EDT 2007

**** T3 Declares Apple An 'Unstoppable Force' <http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=19355>
by Jonny Evans, Macworld UK

**** You Virtually Had To Be There <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/fashion/11Cyber.html?_r=1&ex=1349841600&en=5df70757cff9ffe8&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin>
by Michelle Slatalla, New York Times
Ever since she went off to college I've come to think of my daughter as Virtual Zoe.

**** Singapore Leader Criticizes Malaysia For Affirmative Action Policy <http://beta.malaysia.news.yahoo.com/ap/20071011/tap-as-gen-singapore-malaysia-832f4ab.html>
by Associated Press
Malaysia can "do better" than Singapore if only it would treat its minority Chinese and Indian populations fairly, the city-state's founding leaders has said in unexpected blunt comments about the rival neighbor.
Minister mentor Lee Kuan Yew's comments are likely to touch a raw nerve in Malaysia where ethnic tensions are never far below the surface over minority complaints about discrimination by the Malay Muslim dominated government.

**** Town Councils Investing In Stock Market <http://www.mrbiao.com/blog/town-councils-investing-in-stock-market.html>
by This Lush Garden Within
While looking through Creative Technology's latest Annual Report, I was surprised to see "Holland-Bukit Panjang Town Council" listed as one of the majority shareholders with 530,000 shares currently valued at about S$3,000,000.
/And who decided to bet on Creative, against Apple and Microsoft?/