[MyAppleMenu] Jul 28, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Jul 28 13:15:00 EDT 2007

**** Apple TV Hack Allows External USB Storage <http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gigantastic-potential/apple-tv-hack-allows-external-usb-storage-283532.php>
by Gizmodo

**** 3 TV Tuners For The Mac <http://www.informationweek.com/hardware/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201201395&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News>
by Bill O'Brien, InformationWeek
If you've got a Mac, want to make it an entertainment center, and don't want to invest in an Apple TV, here are some TV tuners to check out.

**** Star Wars: Empire At War <http://www.macworld.com/2007/07/reviews/starwarsempire/index.php>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld
A fun and decidedly different RTS based in the /Star Wars/ universe, Empire at War is an Intel Mac-only treat for those of us with the Force.

**** Soundbooth CS3: Audio Editor Provides Essential Tools For Multimedia Producers <http://www.macworld.com/2007/07/reviews/soundboothcs3/index.php>
by Christopher Breen, Macworld

**** With Tools On Web, Amateurs Reshape Mapmaking <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/27/technology/27maps.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=technology&adxnnlx=1185610900-CQ1sh+mAwV+FuwpqMuLs5A>
by Miguel Helft, New York Times
With the help of simple tools introduced by internet companies recently, millions of people are trying their hand at cartography, drawing on digital maps and annotating them with text, images, sound and videos.

**** 'Izzy? ... Bring Your Daughter Here' <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/27/AR2007072700007.html?nav=most_emailed>
by David Finkel, Washington Post
U.S. officer, wanting to save interpreter's wounded child, faces a snag.

**** My Mother, Myself <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/28/opinion/28galchen.html>
by Rivka Galchen, New York Times
With each passing year, my mother's undiminished power over me felt, I think for both of us, increasingly humiliating.

**** Costlier Homes For Buyers <http://thestar.com.my/columnists/story.asp?file=/2007/7/28/columnists/insightdownsouth/18419561&sec=Insight%20Down%20South>
by Seah Chiang Nee, The Star

**** MCE, ECP, KPE. More Roadworks Coming Your Way! <http://oelihp.blogspot.com/2007/07/mce-ecp-kpe-more-roadworks-coming-your.html>
by Phileo Action Party
To put it simply, the new MCE is a mere detour that cost $2.5 billion, 2 years and a couple of dollars increase on my taxi fare.

**** 80 Cases Of Complaints On Profiteering So Far Since GST Hike <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/290905/1/.html>
by S Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia
Forty-eight complaints were about food-related outlets and oanother 32 concerned non-food related establishments.

**** Exclusive Pay-TV Deals To Stay <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/202759.asp>
by Jasmine Yin, Today
Exclusive agreements for content on pay-TV are here to stay, after telco SingTel &mdash; a newcomer to the pay-TV scene &mdash; failed in its bid to appeal against a decision in May last year by the Media Development Authority (MDA).

**** Homosexuality And The Moral Imperative <http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2007/yax-765.htm>
by Au Waipang, Yawning Bread

**** Is Water Conservation Tax Fair? Ask Iras <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_143223.html>
by Karma Tsultrim Wangchuk, Straits Times
Water Conservation Tax (WCT) is undeniably a tax and goes to MOF (the tax collector), and not to PUB (the provider of the goods). Adding a tax to the commercial price of goods is not a rational reason for GST to be levied on that tax.

**** Born To Shop In Aircon City - A Postcard From Singapore <http://blogs.reuters.com/2007/07/27/born-to-shop-in-aircon-city-a-postcard-from-singapore/>
by Joachim Herrmann, Reuters
So we leapt and left "our" Berlin behind to find ourselves in Aircon City - at home, in the cab, at the office and back again, all air conditioned - and otherwise known as Singapore.

**** Just Married <http://rayfd.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/just-married/>
by The Curious Schemer
The Pastor: "and now, ladies and gentlemen, I present you Mr. and Mrs. ... (long pause)... Ray!"
The audience: "Huh?" (since Ray is my first name)

The Shuffe by MyAppleMenu

**** Our Palace <http://www.ohdarlingmusic.com/music.html>
by Oh Darling
Click here to listen <http://www.ohdarlingmusic.com/audio/OH_DARLING-Our_Palace.mp3>.