[MyAppleMenu] Jul 22, 2005

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jul 22 13:15:00 EDT 2005

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/>
Mac news for Mac people

[News]

*** Yahoo Firefox Toolbar Reaches Mac And Linux
<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/applications/0,39020384,39210280,00.htm>
Ingrid Marson, ZDNet UK

*** Now Playing On Apple's iTunes: Adult-Oriented Podcasts
<http://online.wsj.com/public/article/0,,SB112199964473193071-wHD0jEWmn1XrxuhE5HgGCs4siD0_20060721,00.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top>
Vauhini Vara, Wall Street Journal

As podcasting reaches a more mainstream audience, the more risque audio shows -- and Apple's role in distributing them -- could come under greater scrutiny.

*** Apple -- The World's Most Innovative Company
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=12150>
Jonny Evans, Macworld UK

Apple is the world's most innovative company, according to BusinessWeek.

*** NetNewsWire Update Adds Atom 1.0 Support
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/07/22/netnewswire/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Peter Cohen, Macworld

*** The Podcast As A New Podium
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/22/arts/22heff.html?ex=1279684800&en=8eafe5fb29be1a8f&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss>
Virginia Heffernan, New York Times

*** Delicious Monster Co-Founder Joins Apple
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/07/21/delicious/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Jim Dalrymple, Macworld

Mike Matas said he would be moving to Cupertino to design user interface and drawing icons for Mac OS X.

*** Apple's iPod 'Gaining Further Traction'
<http://www.forbes.com/business/manufacturing/2005/07/21/apple-computer-ipod-0721markets03.html?partner=rss>
Forbes

Piper Jaffray said results from Apple last week "provided evidence of the continued domination of the MP3 player market by the iPod."

*** RadioShack To Sell Apple iPods
<http://www.macnn.com/articles/05/07/21/apple.radioshack.ipods/>
MacNN

[Opinion]

*** My First Days On The Mac
<http://semmlerconsulting.com/blog/2005/07/21/my-first-days-on-the-mac/>
/Sven

Stop worrying, configuring, installing, maintaining and start living.

[Review]

*** Automating Podcasts
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/2005/07/autopodcast/index.php?lsrc=mac911blog>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

[Wintel]

*** Longhorn's New Name: Windows Vista
<http://news.com.com/Longhorns+new+name+Windows+Vista/2100-1016_3-5799734.html?part=rss&tag=5799734&subj=news>
Mike Ricciuti, CNET News.com

The advertising tagline for Vista is "Clear, Confident, Connected: Bringing clarity to your world."

*** Longhorn To Be Renamed Windows Vista?
<http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-5799093.html?part=rss&tag=5799093&subj=news>
Ina Fried, CNET News.com

Rumor has it that Microsoft plans to use Vista as the official name for the next version of Windows, which has been known by its codename, Longhorn.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/>
Life in the city

[News]

*** The New Name For Marina Bay Is... Marina Bay
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/62776.asp>
Lee U-Wen, Today

After $400,000 branding exercise, experts decide familiarity's best.

*** A Daughter's Plea While Debat Rages Around Her Father
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/62796.asp>
Tan Hui Leng, Today

"I do not condone fraudulent practices... We are a law-based society. Let us follow the due process."

*** Singapore Central Bank Intervenes As Asian Currencies Leap On Yuan Reform
<http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050721/kyodo/d8bfspsg0.html>
Kyodo News

Singapore's central bank, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, is believed to have intervened in the foreign exchange market on Thursday after the Singapore dollar leaped in line with other Asian currencies on news that China decided to revalue and reform the yuan, market sources said.

[Opinion]

*** Is Our Government Too Good For Our Own Good?
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/62752.asp>
Tang Li, Today

Good government has killed one of the prerequisites of entrepreneurship -- curiosity and optimism.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]