[MyAppleMenu] May 27, 2001

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun May 27 21:05:01 EDT 2001

MyAppleMenu Newsletter

== AppleSurf (News) ===============

NYT: "Think Different" In L.A. (MacNN)
<http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=6670>

Virtual PC Additions Add TiPB Wide-Screen Mode, More (MacCentral)
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0105/26.vpc.shtml>

== AppleSurf (Reviews) ===============

Can New iBook Be Hacked To Do Video Spanning? (MacSlash)
<http://www.macslash.com/article.pl?sid=01/05/27/0035218>

== The Wintel Empire (Top Stories) ===============

Bill Gates' Goal Is Much Bigger Than The Net (Independent News)
<http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/update/story.jsp?story=74837>
The new-look Microsoft would never be so blunt today. It's far more clever about how it plans to achieve world domination.

== The Wintel Empire (News) ===============

Microsoft Web Push (ZDNet UK)
<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,s2087615,00.html>
Developers spoilt for Web services choice as Microsoft ups the ante against IBM and Sun.

Bill Gates' Goal Is Much Bigger Than The Net (Independent News)
<http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/update/story.jsp?story=74837>
The new-look Microsoft would never be so blunt today. It's far more clever about how it plans to achieve world domination.

== Breaking Barriers (Top Stories) ===============

What If Napster Were Based In China? (Fortune)
<http://www.fortune.com/indexw.jhtml?channel=artcol.jhtml&doc_id=202569>
Might this be the end of proprietary intellectual property as we know it?

== Breaking Barriers (News) ===============

What If Napster Were Based In China? (Fortune)
<http://www.fortune.com/indexw.jhtml?channel=artcol.jhtml&doc_id=202569>
Might this be the end of proprietary intellectual property as we know it?

America Needs Commitment To Nationwide Broadband (San Jose Mercury News)
<http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/opinion/dgillmor/dg052701.htm>
If we believe in the potential of the Information Age, we can't accept that status quo.

Nearly A Year After Promises, Instant Messaging Services Still Lack Standards (Associated Press)
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=news/archive/2001/05/26/national1224EDT0520.DTL&type=tech>
None of the four major systems talk to one another.

== SingaporeSurf (Top Stories) ===============

Low Thia Khiang Elected As New Workers' Party Chief (Channel NewsAsia)
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010527/5/q6k6.html>
Mr Low was returned unopposed at the party's Annual General Meeting on Sunday after Mr JB Jeyaretnam said he would not be seeking re-election as party chief.

== SingaporeSurf (News) ===============

Low Thia Khiang Elected As New Workers' Party Chief (Channel NewsAsia)
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010527/5/q6k6.html>
Mr Low was returned unopposed at the party's Annual General Meeting on Sunday after Mr JB Jeyaretnam said he would not be seeking re-election as party chief.

MCIT Hasn't Heard From PTC About Bus, Train Fare Hikes (Channel NewsAsia)
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010527/5/q6k8.html>

Nature Park For Southern Islands (Straits Times)
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,1870,47006,00.html?>
Turning it into an eco-tourism spot will be tourism board's priority while resort development takes a backseat.